The Customer Care team at Galaxy Digital has developed some helpful strategies and support tools we are offering to help your organization inspire volunteers during April’s National Volunteer Month and National Volunteer Week.
For users of our Get Connected volunteer management software, we’ve included some valuable tools you can use to engage with volunteers and attract new recruits during National Volunteer Month and the rest of the year too!
- Buttons you can use on your site to promote NVM activities.
- Instructions on customizing your site to increase awareness of NVM.
- Suggestions for how to run a NVMChallenge.
- Sample press release.
- Templates for business cards and flyers.
- Blog outreach best practices…and many more strategies and tools.
National Volunteer Month Social Media Outreach
Your volunteer website is a great place to begin promoting your National Volunteer Month activities, but it should not be your only focus. Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Klout and LinkedIn have become vital outlets for reaching potential volunteer recruits and engaging with your current volunteers.
The NVM strategy document offers in-depth advice on harnessing the power of social media outlets to celebrate your volunteers while increasing awareness of your organization.
- Tips on social media best practices.
- Ways to promote National Volunteer Month, and National Volunteer Week activities on specific social media outlets.
- Instructions on how to share volunteer stories, memes, infographics, articles about volunteerism and other inspiring content on social media sites.
We hope that these National Volunteer Week tools and strategies help your organization get the attention you and your remarkable volunteers deserve. Please email us at Support@galaxydigital.com if you have any questions about the strategy document or if there is anything else we can do to serve your organization and your mission. Happy National Volunteer Month!